Photo courtesy of Martin Hay

Sunday 2 October 2011

Things I miss about the UK

Today is a beautiful day with a heavy and dark thunder storm quenching the ground, making sitting in doors feel positively cosy. I really love the sound of the rain, and the smell of rain when it hits dry earth. However, it's three weeks in, and I've begun to miss the UK a bit. I thought I'd make a list of a few of the things that I miss (in no particular order!)

1) My quirky housemates:
We often had mice in our house...

... humour through the medium of cards helped us dealt with it - this one says "I'm making loads of new friends on Micespace".

They also had fetishes for different countries. They're a great bunch!
2) Andy:
Nuff said.
3) My garden:
Although, I don't miss the fight with the chickens over sovereignty of the garden. 
4) Chocolate... you know what that looks like.
5) My community - sadly I have no picture.
6) Going out by myself.
7) Meeting friends for coffee.
8) Going to the toilet at night without a torch.

The rain has stopped. Time for a cup of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment