Photo courtesy of Martin Hay

Thursday 22 September 2011

The compound

The good news is... the laptop I've been assigned has a reader for my camera card - hurray! So, since I've spent about 90% of my time here locked away in the compound, I thought I'd visually fill you in on my surroundings:

This is my room.

This is the plant outside my room. It needs a bit of water. I like it because the leaves change colour and it reminds me of the poinsettia I left back in the office. 

This is my walk to work - it takes about 2 minutes.

This is one of the flowers that falls from the tree on the way to work and distracts me every morning - it adds roughly another 30 seconds to the walk.

This is the office.

This is my temporary desk and laptop. I'm drinking  South Sudanese coke.

2 comments:

  1. Your room looks so nice and clean and sunny, and those flowers are my very favorite! Miss you! Love seeing all the photos- more please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your commute to work. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete